My Plo Koon Costume

Si parla di costumi e props indossabili, autentici o repliche e delle vostre creazioni

Moderatore: Dark-Side

My Plo Koon Costume

Messaggiodi Cruzer » giovedì 3 aprile 2008, 21:16

Hi, my name's Lorenzo and I'm from the U.S. I don't speak or read Italian, so I can only hope I post in the right areas here. My friend, Dark-Side, asked me to post some pics here of my Jedi costume in progress. I began collecting items approximately two weeks ago after some friends asked my son and I to make a special appearance as Jedi at their son's 7th birthday party. The birthday party will have a Jedi theme and is this Saturday.

My primary costume reference was the Sideshow Collectible’s 12” figure because I like the lighter brown tunic, but it will not be 100% accurate to this version because there are details I like from the screen used costume that I'll incorporate.

I'll start out this thread by posting a few pics of my modified mask/helmet that I finally finished last night.

I used a latex Plo Koon mask and carefully layered it on the inside with expanding liquid "rigid" foam. It is now hard just like a resin helmet, but I left the neck areas unlayered so I can still put it on. The mask itself was not symetrical in the ears so it's a little more noticable after applying the rigid foam. I added a little weathering to give it a more realistic look.

I removed the ear pieces that connected to the breathing mask and made them removable. I also filled them with expanding liquid "soft" foam to give them some solidness. After a little trimming to one side because it was much longer than the other, I repainted them and added some metal accents to help give the mask a more realistic appearance. I couldn't find any detailed pics of these metal "connections"of the screen used costume, so I replicated the pieces as they were seen on the latex mask.

I would like to say "thank you" to Dark-side for inviting me to be a part of this Italian pro forum. :up

Enjoy,
Cruzer
Allegati
DSC08111.JPG
DSC08111.JPG (68.38 KIB) Osservato 18910 volte
DSC08113.JPG
DSC08113.JPG (66.33 KIB) Osservato 18908 volte
DSC08114.JPG
DSC08114.JPG (61.01 KIB) Osservato 18907 volte
Cruzer

{ SO_SELECT }

Re: My Plo Koon Costume

Messaggiodi tecnoninja » giovedì 3 aprile 2008, 21:58

Well done Cruzer ... :up and welcome here !!!
tecnoninja

Messaggiodi bravoleader » venerdì 4 aprile 2008, 9:15

Hello there.
Good job on the mask. love the metal details. Keep us posted with more details and the rest of the costume when rdy :D
bravoleader

LocalitĂ : Roma

Messaggiodi doubleSpropS2 » venerdì 4 aprile 2008, 11:26

Great job on the mask pal... :up

WELCOME!
doubleSpropS2

Messaggiodi Snowflake » venerdì 4 aprile 2008, 13:56

great job! can you post a picture of the mask "before"?... and why don't you show us your bounty hunter costume too...? :roargh :roargh :roargh
Snowflake
Uber Admin

Messaggiodi Cruzer » venerdì 4 aprile 2008, 18:07

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome. :up
I'll post a few pics of my entire Koon suit when I do a test fit tonight. I'm still waiting on my robe to arrive so it's not complete.
Here are a few pics of my son's and my bounty hunter costumes from CIV. You probably recognize the EP 2 Jango as he is a member here. Also, is a pic of my son and I with Prowse at CIV....notice the shirt I'm wearing. :yeah

Ciao for now
Allegati
2.JPG
2.JPG (21.65 KIB) Osservato 18856 volte
13.jpg
13.jpg (21.5 KIB) Osservato 18859 volte
Cruzer

Messaggiodi Dark-Side » sabato 5 aprile 2008, 0:43

I can't wait to see your "jedy" costume ready! :asd :culo
BTW...thank you sooooo much for your important contribution in this new forum! :up
Cruzer is a good prop maker and a really nice guy!But the most important thing:

he loves "SPAGHETTI ALLA CARBONARA"!! :ahsisi
NON FACCIO FAVORI PROPPISTICI A NESSUNO!!!!

Immagine
Dark-Side
Moderatore Sommo

Messaggiodi Cruzer » sabato 5 aprile 2008, 3:21

Yes, I love spaghetti carbonara when it's made by a beautiful Italian woman :love ...but not when it's made by an Italian Jango with long hair! :culo :asd

Snowflake ha scritto:great job! can you post a picture of the mask "before"?... and why don't you show us your bounty hunter costume too...? :roargh :roargh :roargh

It looked the same but was just mishapened and flimsy like any other latex mask. All I did to the outside is apply antique copper metallic paint in the crevises to give it a shimmery look. And with a rag I also rubbed some gold spray paint on various areas of the goggles and breathing mask to make them look more metallic.

I wasn't getting enough fresh air and the lenses were fogging up, so I added a fan system.
Allegati
DSC08120.JPG
DSC08120.JPG (42.92 KIB) Osservato 18818 volte
DSC08119.JPG
Without the screen
DSC08119.JPG (47.79 KIB) Osservato 18818 volte
DSC08122.JPG
The inside
DSC08122.JPG (23.67 KIB) Osservato 18812 volte
Cruzer

Messaggiodi Ramiel » sabato 5 aprile 2008, 6:12

Impressive, really impressive...
Keep us updated, it looks like a damn nice project! :roargh
Immagine and myBLOG
Ramiel

LocalitĂ : In fondo a destra...

Messaggiodi Cruzer » sabato 5 aprile 2008, 9:26

Thanks, the fan works great but creates a little noise which makes hearing a little difficult. However, the fresh air is worth any inconvenience. I know the costume is not screen accurate, but I'm satisfied for only having two weeks to acquire everything and do the small amount of building I did. Here's a list of the parts I acquired:

*The 5 piece tunic assembly is fantastic and from the ebay seller 219eileen.
    *The amazing leather belt, functional leather pouches, and capsules are from the ebay seller melmattson.
    *The 12" engineer boots are made by Double-H, and were ordered from onlineshoes.com. If I could go back, I'd order a pair of 16" engineer/motorcycle boots from ebay.
    *I made the cuffs for the boots from some black leather I had remaining from a Kir Kanos holster build I made for a good friend's Crimson Guard costume.
    *The pants are Dockers.
    *The gloves are just black leather. Later I will switch out the gloves for some Dobby hands and modify them to look like Plo Koon hands.

I'm still waiting on a robe from the same maker of the tunic. I'm also waiting for some all metal food capsules purchased from ebay.

This is the first Jedi suit I've ever assembled, so Jedi experts please let me know if I need to make any changes. :sisi

That's about it.
Thanks! :up
Allegati
DSC08133.JPG
DSC08133.JPG (38.13 KIB) Osservato 18797 volte
DSC08131.JPG
DSC08131.JPG (43.68 KIB) Osservato 18797 volte
Cruzer

Messaggiodi Snowflake » sabato 5 aprile 2008, 12:58

it looks very good to me, the only things i don't like are the tabbards, they look too shiny and they seem to be a different fabric than the tunic's one?

do you have close-ups of the belt? it looks fantastic!

Now you are a jedi, stop making jokes about long haired ugly italian boys! :lol :lol :lol
Snowflake
Uber Admin

Messaggiodi Amazing Grace » sabato 5 aprile 2008, 13:50

Lorenzooooooooo

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

so glad you are here.

don't care too much about what fabrisio says, don't waste your time :bla

Silvia
Amazing Grace
Sabotatrice di Convenscion

Messaggiodi Cruzer » domenica 6 aprile 2008, 4:46

Thank you Silvia, I am glad to be here. Yeah, Fabrizio does :bla . However, he honestly is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and is great to work with on projects...but I don't tell him so or else his head would get even bigger than it is with all that hair!!! :asd

Here are some close-ups of the belt for you, Snowflake. Let me know if you want any other angles. The leather work is top-quality. Oh, and yes the tabbards are a different fabric. It would have been better if they were the same fabric, but I'm happy just to have something. :up
Allegati
DSC08148.JPG
DSC08148.JPG (143.2 KIB) Osservato 18739 volte
DSC08147.JPG
DSC08147.JPG (139.38 KIB) Osservato 18739 volte
DSC08136.JPG
DSC08136.JPG (153.61 KIB) Osservato 18736 volte
Cruzer

Messaggiodi Kyp_Astaar » domenica 6 aprile 2008, 19:14

(Edit: I haven't noticed that the topic was in english)

I have to make my best compliments, you're very impressive, and you made all by yourself...

It have to be admitted, who "props" rule
Quando la polvere è ormai levata... Non perderti in inutili pulizie, ELIMINA CHI LA SOLLEVA!
Kyp_Astaar

Torna a Costuming Forum